Sunday, October 3, 2010

Helter Skelter ( A poem for those who fight each day in confusion)

Helter Skelter

I stand
In quicksand
Waist deep
I chase the dreams of an insomniac
That never sleeps
An angel weeps
On my right shoulder
As the devil whispers evil nothings in my left ear
I’m only left here
Not knowing how to get there
To where?
It’s unclear
I’m a tattooed tear on the face of a clown
Feeling like I don’t belong
I’m lying on the ground
Making cement angels
At one of life’s intersections
Raindrops, of perplexion
Fall on me
I’m at a stall, you see
Life’s street lights call to me
Red light, Yellow light, Green light, Go
Where to proceed to
I don’t know
My thoughts form fast, and linger slow
They encompass me
Like a murder of crows, they caw at me
I saw but could not see
All the idiocracy
Entangled in my up to know odyssey
I thirst for knowledge and clarity
I’m parched
Lying on the cold cemented truth
My legs arched
Giving birth to excuse after excuse
Until I can no longer endure the labor pains
I need to adopt a new brainchild
I’m caught in a storm with no shelter
It rains, Helter Skelter

No comments:

Post a Comment