Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Fights of the Week

Monday: Chadd VS Reality

Ding!  The bell rang on  December 10 th  as I fought to relax but like many I found myself on a working holiday. I danced around the ring as I fought to relax and avoid the uppercuts of responsibility. As I was just beginning to let down my guard and put up my feet. Reality sucker punched me to bring me back to it.
The next day would bring... ....
















Tuesday: Out of our comfort zones and thrown into the rocky unfamilar, and new surroundings, you can yelp and howl about change all you want but it is best not to try and fight it.
Change is Chuck Norris!

It will knock you off your feet unless you stand your ground and embrace it.


Students Vs Bladder Control
Just as many of us thought we were fairing well in the fight against change, Bladder Control reared it's ugly head after a water main break at the school. 
Ding!
A win for for the Water Main and the students as school was called at a half day. The ones that needed a little more conditioning before embracing  change were relieved, while some were off to relieve themselves.


 Later that night.... the Under 17 World Hockey Championships Team Ontario fought the USA for a win.  




Whistles were blown sticks were raised, their were tears of pain and joy as Canada raised their cup in triumph!                                  





Wednesday: Fighting to get back into routine and.....

In term one messes were made that I need to clean up as I fight off anxiety and concern for what is on the horizon for term two. Holding myself back not to hit the panic button.



 Thursday:
Chadd Vs Bus driver
As the week began, I was about as sharp as a butter knife, not paying attention to all the small details, I thought I would get a jump on buying a bus pass on the Monday and went to Shoppers Drug Mart to do so. I showed my student card and and asked for one, little did I know that they sold me one for high school, perhaps it could be argued that my boyish charm might have made the cashier make such a mistake if one was not privy to the fact they do not sell them there, as I was not being primarily a self driven man, vehicular and otherwise.
I had to fight with the driver to let me stay on the after he called me on it. 

Chadd Vs The General Manager at SDM
Ding!
She threw the first punch. No refunds!
I jabbed back a few times with my wit and reasoning.
She threw in the towel, but I paid the price of an adult fare that is....
 I guess it's a better alternative than being out 
 PLUS.

 Friday:
Me Vs I Vs Myself

Like many I beat myself up more than any other as I fight through what challenges lie ahead I want to make sure that I'm not only dancing in the ring giving everything my best shot, but that me, myself is in my corner, being my own biggest fan.


We all must take pride and believe in ourselves while enjoying our up to date accomplishments.


 
You are not your anxieties!
You are not your past mediocrities!
 
 
 

1 comment: