Friday, February 11, 2011

Write Blog


I have always been hit hard by words, the way they can be manipulated and punch you in the soul as if the meaning behind them comes in the form of brass knuckles.

I love stories, life is a story, and like Shakespeare said the world is a stage, but maybe instead, it is a giant manuscript and rather than players on a stage, we are all characters in this great unwriiten novel as we try to scribe it as we go along.

Each of us a protagonist in our own story as we overcome our own adversity and strive for success and to find love and acceptance; which could be equivalent to our publication.

I myself, would love to be a great author as I throw down words that move people, gashing them open as they bleed emotional response. With a pen that is mightier than my fist
I'd like to create characters that someone can relate to and see themselves in.

This would be my world title belt, sitting in my own personal ring, in which consists of an eight foot fold out table, a stack of my creation, with a cup of good coffee and a line of people wanting me to sign their copy.

"Dude, you really spoke to me," he throws out.
"Where do you draw all that heartache from," asks she, as she slaps me with her earnest intensity.

This all sounds like a dream, well, one of many for me anyway... but how does one make the trek from pen to paper to publisher (fingertips to keyboard realistically althought it doesn't have that romanticized ring to it).

What if you don't have anyone in your corner, in your fight to become a published writer.

Well, no need to throw in the towel because you can always self promote.

There are different ways one can do this..... one of the perks, of living in this modern world.

One can incorporate it into an ongoing blog as in Seen Reading where Julie Wilson combines fact and fiction and has developed quite a following doing it.

I'm an old fashioned guy myself; I want to be shelved.

There are ways you can self publish, there are companies such as Trafford Publishing to name the first one that comes to mind, where you can pay them a set fee, and they walk you through the steps to self publish.

Social media can greatly be used to your advantage to bring awareness to the story you want to share with the world. Twitter and Blogging can help with creating the fanbase of the manuscript you have poured your soul into or like Wilson, your creativity doesn't have to come in book form.

We live in a digital world of blogging and ebooks and as much as I try to ignore it a lot of the more romantacized mediums may be dying.

Although that may be, if you have a dream to write or let your creativity shine, don't let that die, and don't go down swinging.

I am a man who dares and dreams....and in the midst of many, lies being published.

The writing world is much like the dating world, full of rejection and having doors slammed in your face, however, at least in the writing world, self publication is the rock waiting to be thrown through a window.


The first rule of Write Blog is you must comment on Write Blog.

One must first have a good dream to make a great reality!

You are not the rejection you recieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment