Friday, April 8, 2011

Fight Lite

As I stepped into the ring of life this week I did not throw many punches or had to roll with many for that matter either. Instead it was a week of giving and feeling the love.

This past week, was a strong one, as I was not fighting with me at all but rather was quite pleased with myself and my CreCommrades around me.

Sunday: The montage.
This was a good day, that I got to spend with some of my favourite people as I got to play roles both in front and behind the camera, and the latter was a first for me. I got to play out my wild side while living out
my Tyler Durden fantasy which was pretty cool, as I rocked the aviators and a fur coat.

Monday: The editing process began, a the talented Tim Horn and I began to make Final cut magic and have our story take shape.

Tuesday: Meetings and Interviews

This opportunity became a little more real, as myself and 5 other fellow CreCommers that I have so much respect for, met at the army base on McGregor to get the low down on our up and coming embedded journalist opportunity. A little intimidating I am not gonna lie, and will be a little hard to adjust to the no showers till last day rule. Especially for a guy who likes to shower twice a day sometimes mixing it up with a mood lit and wine on the side bubble bath; yes I take these alone.




I also had the pleasure of meeting with the lovely Pam Roz who is a former CreComm grad and Curve FM employee who has recently brought back her show Indie Studio to the airwaves of KICK. This was my last Projector story of the year and a enjoyable interview, especially to be sitting across from someone who walked in the sames steps I am walking in now and to see her growth and how she has bought something so positive back full circle. Check out the article in the next and last copy of The Projector.

Humpday: The final shooting and editing.

I got to get behind the camera as I shot the lovely Ms. Neufeld and the "Ladies can't help but flock to me" Jaremy Ediger. I felt the shoot went well and good see improvement in my camera handling skills from the time before. Plus I got to rock a fur coat in the atrium while getting strange looks.
The editing of a rough cut was done, which allowed Tim and I to throw our hat in the ring of the CCMA's.

In all my excitement, of completing it, while talking on the phone to my sis and throwing the camera equipment in my Jeep, I ended up lock my keys in the car with it. Broke till the next day, with no spare key, I had to call on a friend to meet me with some cash when Dr. Hook arrived. That set back could not change my mood, as I was happy with what we had thrown together.




Thursday: Award Day

This was a great day! During our seminar was the Jack Wells Award presentation. Not only did this award go to some very talented and deserving second year students but also two of my favourite first years in the entire program whose talents know no boundaries. Mr. Ryan McBride and Mr. Chuka Ejeckam. I was filled with happiness for them. It was a great moment to see them see in themselves, what so many of us see in them every day and that is how much they shine.

I also got the surprising news that I myself am up for an award as well as Ryan McBride and Daniella Ponticelli and the three of us will have the honor of attending this fine event.


I was shocked to say the least but also rather pleased with myself which had seemed to be the trend of the week and a rare occasion with the me that is usually fighting myself.

I also had the award of seeing my nephew and niece for the first time in a long time as I got the chance to babysit them and prove to them that their uncle is not like the unicorn at all but is in fact real. CreComm has made me quite absent in their lives.

I regrettably missed out on Vogelsangs "see you later speech", but caught the highlights courtesy of TFJ
 on FB. But sometimes you need to be there for the ones that need you more and on that night it was my lil sis and her kidlets.

Friday:

I felt great the whole day and it started with the wonderful feeling of me being able to do something nice for some one who I think is amazing and holds a special place in my heart. The day was rewarding in all classes and I got to end it off in a way that is quite different from my usual Fridays which is my start time got pushed back for work so I could enjoy the muscial genius of Mr. Hawksley Workman.





I am Jack's blushing pride

The first rule of Fight Blog is, you must comment on Fight Blog


1 comment:

  1. Stainless Steel vs Titanium Flat Iron - The iTanium Art
    Our ceramic titanium strength tileset is crafted from copper titanium septum jewelry and titanium stainless steel, and the ceramic tileset titanium drill bits has titanium i phone case a metal grip and provides the desired titanium trim

    ReplyDelete