Friday, August 3, 2012

Back in Flight: The Rise of the Blog


It's best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.
Anne Baxter



The Rebirth of the Phoenix seemed like an appropriate image  to let the rebirth of my blogging soar.
In 2010, the first year of CreComm I was asked to come up with a theme for a blog and upkeep it every week.  After little thought I came up with the name Fight Blog, I thought it was punchy, no pun intended.
To say I am a fan of  Palahniuk, Fincher, Pitt, and Norton, the novel and the movie would be an understatement. 



There was more of a method to my madness than the male bravado, the cool actors and the offbeat writing and directing.

Truth be told, the reason I was such a fan of this novel and film is because  I was no stranger to fighting against myself at that time.

While I was able to put quite a unique spin on this blog for quite some time, somewhere along the way I threw in the towel with out realizing it.

It is time to spread my wings and blog again; this time with a new name and outlook.

I am falling in love with life and possibility, and maybe even the idea of actually falling in love.  I had been jaded for years and while I haven't fell yet, I feel that rather than fighting it, I have faith enough that I could.

I have come to a fork in a road that is paved with possibility and uncertainty and it is exciting. I am seeing the people and the world around me differently, in a new light.

I look forward to regain the interest of old followers and gain new ones as I make the transition from Fight Blog to The Birds Eye View of The Falls and Rises of Life.

A new observation of the world around me coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment