Friday, August 14, 2015

Men-eral Spa


Prelude:

My body has taken a real toll over the course of this past year it started just on the brink of last summer when I played on a baseball team for the first time since little league. 

Now while my little league skills hadn't completely diminished I was definitely a little rusty. While playing short stop in maybe my third game I took a line drive to the knee in the ninth inning. Pain filled my knee cap immediately but I figured it was nothing and hobbled it off. The fact that this was a beer league may have added to this thinking. So after continuing the night a little further with some post game camaraderie I found out the following day at a walk-in clinic that I had broken my knee cap.

Being in Robo-cop looking leg brace should have slowed me down but I still managed to travel and keep up with the hustle that was my current situation with working full time and full course load that kept me moving.


While still in my leg brace with just enough movement to work the brake and gas pedal of my Jeep I was T-boned. It did a number on my upper body including a mild concussion and whiplash.
By the time November rolled around I not only sported a dark moustache but also a black cast when I broke my hand. 
But this never slowed me down I still managed to break the case and make the grade in my Media Production major at Red River College.

Truth be told I never gave my body the love it needed to heal because I never had the time, I just barely squeezed in the required physio appointments with all I had going on, everything else took a back seat.

As of late I have been more inclined to pamper and pleasure my pain.

Men-eral Spa


Two weeks ago I visited the Urban Oasis Mineral Spa at the Clarion. I was long overdue for a massage and figured I wanted to really pamper myself so I decided to go the whole nine yards.  I checked in early to check out the spa area 

No comments:

Post a Comment