Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chadd Vs David Vs The Desk:

David is my good friend who just got back from getting married in Israel days before CreComm started and was disappointed I could not attend for obvious reasons. So for the band of Chaddketeers who have actually been following my blog, you will remember I was just going to get back to reading Noah's Turn when my leg began to vibrate; it was David.
I need your help putting together a desk he says. Now what can I say, even though I have homework on the brain, just got off a 48 hr shift at the group home and had been in the middle of enjoying a cold one. I did miss his wedding afterall and hadn't really seen him since.
Sure I'll be right down I say.
I get to David's  and this desk is a monstrosity, that is shaped like a 7. and is in 2 boxes. I'm thinkin Holy Frick but am still kinda confident. Kinda.
David says it came with two instruction manuals so we can both have one. Strangley enough that made sense to me at the time, knowing that guys are notorious for throwing away the instructions. I figured that some companies finally got smart and began including  safety nets.
So the box is in one room. We open the box.
Screws, and then more screws, & squares, oh my!
It turns out, David wants it moved in the other room.

Ding Ding
The fight is on:
Not here.
There.
Look at the picture.
I am.
We get part of it together.
David wants it reversed.
You did it wrong!
No I didn't!
Look at the picture!
I did!
The desk is sitting smug, taunting us with his unfinishedness.
It turns out the reason there was two instruction manuals.... is because it comes with  an option of left or right L shaped assembly.
Battle of the "Manual" Brain
Literally.
Left Vs Right.
Ding
Round 1
goes to the desk.
A lil tired to say the least.
I throw in the towel.
Tomorrow after I get some homework done.
Round 2.
Possibly.

You are not your complex office furniture!

1 comment: