Monday, September 13, 2010

Struggle

We live in a world of story-tellers; even if their stories are never heard
Everyone has stories
The Mighty
The Beaten
The Broken
It is usually the beaten that have the unheard tales of Love, Struggle and Adversity

In a crowded coffee shop, a man named Dan approached me and only me; asking for some change
Was he asking for copper and silver or something much more.....
Maybe a change in perspective or society
I gave him all I had in my pockets, but was fresh out of hope
He got himself a sandwich and dessert, when he returned I asked his name with my hand extended.

Behind his strained pain stained eyes arose a look of surprise, hands shook, his were purple and weathered, beaten from the cold of the weather and the world.

He pulled out an extension cord with no female end; This hits me as a metaphor as how unconnected we all can be and are and often alone with our own fight.

On a side note:
I am so bothered by this ongoing struggle between bullys and victims, when will it end. Cases like Dustin Lafortune being tortured and now Gerald Dumas being lit on fire when all he wanted was  an evening walk and a six pack. These stories pull on my heart strings that I wish were attached to bells and could toll a sound of justice.

I long for the days when the words Friendly Manitoba resembled a truth and I wish I could be a crime fighter and that the fight for safer streets may not be such a struggle.

Maybe its time to watch Kick Ass again and start sewing a cape!

No comments:

Post a Comment